Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend Herb Blogging turns 5

It may have started as Kalyn said, by accident but we have now reached edition 260 which marks Weekend Herb Blogging's fifth anniversary!



Firstly, I'd like to thank our wonderful hosts who volunteer their time to support WHB:
Anh, Anna, Astrid, Chriesi, Chris, Cinzia, Dhaggit, Graziana, Huan, Janet, Katie, Laurie, Lynne, Maninas, Marija, Marillyn, Prof. Kitty, Rachel, Simona, Susan, Winnie and Yasmeen

but the most important thanks go to you - those that join in to share their knowledge and their recipes - without your participation there wouldn't be a WHB.

Each week through Weekend Herb Blogging we get to travel the world, experiencing ingredients that we may not know, or learn new ways of treating old favourites. It is very much a global event.

So I am very pleased to announce that Weekend Herb Blogging will be expanding - from WHB#261 an Italian version will be running alongside the current version. Regular contributor Brii from Briiblog will be organising the event so not only will we able to enjoy the english version you'll be able to explore the world of Italian blogs and Italian ingredients.

As part of this 5th birthday celebration, everyone that enters this edition of Weekend Herb Blogging will go into the running to receive one of my favourite cookbooks from this year. As I couldn't split the two, whoever gets drawn out of the hat will be able to choose from

Yotam Ottolenghi's Ottolenghi: The Cookbook or Plenty

If you want to join in these are the simple rules:

You have the week to post about any herb, vegetable, fruit, flower, nut, grain, seed in fact, if it is plant based then it's eligible. Your post can be informative - spotlight a particular ingredient and/or include a recipe where your chosen ingredient is one of the primary ingredients in the recipe.

Entries need to be submitted by the following times:
  • 3pm Sunday - Utah Time
  • 10pm Sunday - London Time
  • 11pm Sunday - Rome Time
  • 9am Monday - Melbourne (Aus) DS Time
You can find the corresponding time in your area here.

Send your posts to whb AT cookalmostanything DOT com
with WHB#260 in the subject line and the following details:
  • Your name
  • Your Blog Name/URL
  • Your Post URL
  • Your Location
  • Please include a photo sized: 300px wide

13 comments

  1. It is a pleasure to be able to be a part of WHB each week. Congratz on starting year FIVE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to all the entrants, looking forward to reading themall shortly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on turning 5! How time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS, it shows all your hard work done to achieve this stage.
    Keep it up.
    http://www.subhiksa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haalo, Thank you for the opportunity!
    it is a honour!
    baciuss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Janet - great to have you involved!

    Thanks MRM

    Thanks Anh - gone way too quickly!

    Thanks Shivani!

    Thank you Brii - I'm really exited about the future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very exciting news about the Italian version of WHB. I am on the road all this week, but I would be so sad if I were to miss the anniversary, so I'll do my best. It is so nice to be part of this event. Thanks, Haalo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!

    I have just mailed you my entry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo! Congrats on turning five! Just sent in my entry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very happy anniversary to you for having Weekend Herb Blogging turn five years old! I think having the delightful and informative Brii handle an Italian version is a marvelous idea. Brii is so knowledgeable about conserves and herbal potions and I love her WHB contributions and gorgeous photos.

    I'll try to come up with something for this special edition of WHB. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Haalo, a great goal to celebrate 5 years!
    Very honored to have hosted and hope I will again in the future!
    And will be delighted to be part in the Italian edition as well!
    But better I go back to my blog and post about my contribution for this week, no much time left!
    Happy WHB for ever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sent you my contribution: thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on year 5! I am so sorry I missed the deadline. It has been lovely helping you out. Here's to 5 more years!

    ReplyDelete

© Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig