Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Black and White Wednesday #57

Anusha from Tomato Blues is hosting Black and White Wednesday this week and the subject of the photo this week are these fabulous Porri (Leeks) di Cevere.

porri di cevere© by Haalo

There is something quite striking about these leeks and it is their height - well over 3 foot and nearing 4 - and most of the leek consists of that prime white part. They are so prized there is even a yearly festival - the Fiera del Porri which will be commencing November 10th in the nearby town of Cevere.

2 comments

  1. As I just wrote in my post, you and I are on the same wavelength this week: my BW photo also shows leeks. I must admit I have never tasted this variety of leeks. I certainly wish I could visit the Fiera this Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing porri, I met them a few days ago for the first time at Salone del Gusto :-)
    All my friends went crazy and were so funny with those bunches coming out their trolleys :-)
    Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete

© Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig