Friday, May 14, 2010

Triple Chocolate and Tazziberry Brownies

It's been a while since I've made brownies and as I've had a bit of a chocolate craving I thought it would be a good time to make another batch. I've continued my experiment with dark chocolate, this time I'll be using a blend of three, the first of which is this

michel cluizel 99% chocolate© by Haalo


99% dark chocolate from Michel Cluizel which means it has a minimum of 99% cocoa mass. The second is from Dolfin

dolfin 88% chocolate© by Haalo


which comes in at 88% cocoa mass. These two chocolates will be added to the brownie mix as small pieces, with the aim to create these pockets of pure cocoa flavour.  The third chocolate used will be melted into the batter, for this I've used Lindt 70% Madagascar.

To balance this extravaganza of chocolate, I'll added tazziberries to the mix

tazziberry© by Haalo


though if you can't find these, blueberries might make a suitable substitute. Finally instead of making a tray of brownies, as these will be quite intensely flavoured, I used a silicon mould to make individual sized servings.

dark chocolate and tazziberry brownies© by Haalo



Triple Chocolate and Tazziberry Brownies
[Makes about 12 hearts]

50 grams butter
100 grams caster sugar
60 grams Lindt Madagascar 70%
1 egg, lightly whisked
40 grams plain flour
25 grams Dutch cocoa
100 grams Tazziberries
30 grams Michel Cluizel 99% chocolate, broken into pieces
70 grams Dolfin 88% chocolate, broken into pieces



Place the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat and melt - when melted add the sugar, stir until it dissolves. Take this off the heat and stir in the Lindt Madagascar - this will melt in the residual heat. Keep stirring until it's smooth. Set this to one side to cool.

Sift the plain flour and dutch cocoa together into a bowl. Make a well in the center and add in the whisked egg - stir this into the flour and then drizzle in the cooled butter mix.

Sprinkle over the broken chocolate pieces and fold this through before finally adding the tazziberries - be gentle as stir them in and try not to break them.

Spoon the dough into the silicon moulds, fill them about two-thirds of the way - you could use cupcake cases if you don't have an appropriate mould.

Place the moulds on a baking tray and bake in a preheated 170°C oven for about 15 minutes - the surface should start to look a bit firm.

It's important, with the amount of chocolate in these brownies that you let them sit in the moulds until cold. If you try to turn them out too quickly they will fall apart where the chocolate is still molten.

Ideally, serve these after-dinner with a good coffee or fortified wine.

6 comments

  1. Wow, the brownies look mouth watering. I have never heard if tazziberry before so thanks for the pic to explain. Would love to have it anytime, i mean the brownie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Priya, I've never heard of tazziberry before. I love brownies and whenever I don't have time to bake it fresh, I buy them especially after school for my girls. They're so pricey though, better to bake them at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful recipe. Brownies are my all time fave. Gotta have it with a glass of milk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you buy your tazziberries?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Priya!

    Thanks Xiao - home made taste better too ;)

    Thanks Rosebelle!

    Hi Ann - I found them at Damian Pike at Prahran Market

    ReplyDelete
  6. As soon as I see the picture, my mouth water....I swear to God it is that tempting

    ReplyDelete

© Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig