Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Slow Roasted Garlic

garlic© by Haalo

In the last few weeks, new season's garlic has become available and I'm not sure whether it's an effect of the particular variety but I'm finding them to be quite strongly flavoured. To offset this potency, I've resorted to slow-roasting the bulbs.




I've sliced a bit off the stem and them rubbed them in a little olive oil before placing them on a baking tray and into a 140°C/280°F oven until they have softened and coloured.


slow roasted garlic© by Haalo

I'm the first to admit the aren't the prettiest things after roasting but it is the insides that count. Peel away the outer skin and you'll find the individual cloves are golden and soft.


slow roasted garlic© by Haalo

Just squeeze the cloves as you need them, it still has the garlic flavour but without the harshness.

6 comments

  1. oh no I disagree - you even make garlic look prettywith these lovely photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try this some time. ;-)

    Paz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got to try this. I love the odor of the garlic when it is being cook. It makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have something else in mind DM!

    Thanks Johanna!

    Thanks Lulu!

    You must Paz!

    FDT - if you love the smell of cooking garlic, you'll love this

    ReplyDelete

© Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig