Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Époisses

If you've followed my cheese exploits you would know that I especially love washed rind cheese. It's no real surprise that when I first saw this mini Époisses at the deli, that it would end up in my basket.

Époisses© by Haalo

There's also no surprise that I'm keeping this "smelly cheese" under a glass dome.


Époisses© by Haalo

Époisses is a cows milk cheese from Burgundy, the cheese is washed with brine and then local wine and spirits which gives the rind that tell-tale orange colouring.

Époisses© by Haalo


Though it has a pungent aroma, the interior is soft and gooey and quite mild in taste.

1 comment

  1. AnonymousMay 29, 2009

    oh yes!! i LOVE this cheese!!!

    ReplyDelete

© Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig