Monday, December 01, 2008

The skies are smiling

When I arrived home tonight I was quite taken by the appearance in the sky and upon reading this story I knew something special was happening. So out I went again, camera in hand to take a few snaps


moon smileĀ© by Haalo

It is a smile - made from the crescent moon and eyes which are venus and jupiter. The photo hasn't been touched up or altered in any way - here's another I took with some passing clouds

moon smileĀ© by Haalo


If you are in Africa or Europe you will miss out on seeing this and Americans won't see a smile but an unhappy face.

9 comments

  1. That is the MOST amazing photo!!! I think I find the clarity of the sky almost as amazing as the set-up of stars and moon. . . we never get anything that clear over Toronto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AMAZING!!! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! They were showing pictures on the news this evening. What a great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) What a chuckle! The reason the Americans are seeing the unhappy face is because it's getting colder, while you're getting warmer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ricki - we were lucky to have such a good night for viewing.

    Thanks Jo!

    Thanks Marie - it's been fun seeing the different views from around the world.

    Thanks Tad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was in Charleston, SC in the US on Thanksgiving and got to see the alignment, but the two stars were vertical.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! I wish I'd seen it. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    Paz

    ReplyDelete
  8. you made the skies smile with your cookies:) thanks for sharing both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Amelia - the next day the planets weren't even visible

    Thanks Paz - glad you enjoyed the photo!

    Thanks Heart, that's very sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete

© Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig