Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Capra Serenade

capra serenade©  by Haalo

It could be said that I love cheese but this next cheese loves you back - how can you resist the delightful heart-shaped Serenade from Capra Cheese?

capra serenade©  by Haalo

Cheese Maker: Capra
Cheese Name: Serenade
Location: 125 Tices Road, Mt Lookout


This has a double layer of ash - one surrounding the heart and the other straight through the center.

capra serenade©  by Haalo

All cheese made by Capra uses organic goats' milk from their own free-range herd.

capra serenade©  by Haalo

Much like their Velvet this has that same creamy, clean taste with the ash giving it another dimension. The flavour is quite distinct, I know my sister likened it to a blue cheese but I put it more towards a bitey vintage cheddar.

This cheese is now available at The Cheese Shop Deli at Prahran Market as well as the other places listed in my earlier post.

5 comments

  1. Oh my my my!! This looks PERFECT for tonight's dinner. You won't mind if I drop by to take it, will you?

    -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is making my mouth water. I rarely find a specimen as beautiful as this. (Which is probably better for my waistline as I'd want to eat the whole thing!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's impossible Marie!

    I won't mind, but I think Paalo might ;)

    Thanks Joie - hearts should always be shared!

    That was my reaction!

    ReplyDelete

© Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig