Monday, April 14, 2008

Mixology Monday XXVI

Fruit Liqueur is the theme for this edition of Mixology Monday hosted by the ever wonderful Anna from Morsels and Musings.

With a veritable feast of fruit liqueurs to choose from I finally settled on one - Crème de Banana. But what should I make with it?

Inspiration and thirst came upon me quite quickly as I spied the bottle of Malibu lurking on the shelf and I thought I'd combine the two with some fresh banana and milk to create a creamy taste of the Caribbean.

Caribbean Dreaming

Caribbean Dreaming
[Makes 1]

15mls Crème de Banana
30mls Malibu
1 banana, chopped
½ cup milk

  • Place the Crème de Banana, Malibu, banana and milk into a blender and process until thick and creamy.
  • Pour into a tall glass and serve immediately.

9 comments

  1. wow! so rich and creamy.
    and so easy to make!!!
    i love banana and coconut too. might have to try it out this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I liked banana, because this looks AWESOME. So creamy.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This drink looks deliciously creamy!! I tried your braised lentils recipe and it turned out great! Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can dream of being on holiday, whilst looking at this yummy drink! Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anna - it's even easier to drink ;)

    You might like bananas after this drink Dee!

    Thanks Poonam - happy to hear the lentils went well!

    Hi Holler - a few of these will put you in a pleasant relaxed state, that's almost like a holiday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice. Very, very similar to my "Hair-of-the-dog Banana Shake" that I hope to write about eventually.

    Quite the remedy! You should try it the next day if you ever wake up after one too many the night before :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Machete - look forward to seeing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have all the ingredients for this amazing looking drink! I can't wait to try it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Eat, I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

© Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig