Wednesday, October 24, 2007

International Year of the Potato 2008

With my obvious love of potato I suppose it's of no surprise that I would make mention of the International Year of the Potato. I do however have an ulterior motive as a few months back I was contacted and asked if one of potato shots could be used in the official website. After some thought I did eventually agree.

I hadn't really thought much about it until Paalo saw mention of the website in the papers back home and he went and checked and sure enough, there is my kipfler potato.

5 comments

  1. Very fun! And it's no surprise to me that they would want to use one of your photos. I thought of you when I first heard about the Year of the Potato.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip for IYP08! Peru is home of thousands of varieties of potatoes. This will certainly inspire me to prepare and write more about the potatoes available here! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Potatoes deserve their own year! Where would we be without them? After years of boiled potatoes with every meal, followed by years of no potatoes, I am now doing them every possible way I can think of.... Hmmm, that didn't sound right....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kalyn - potatoes and me, we are like that ;)

    Thanks Gretchen - should be quite interesting.

    Thanks Katie - I'm sure what you do with potatoes, stays with the potato ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! Congratulations! As usual, awesome-looking photo.

    Paz

    ReplyDelete

© Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig