Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Acacia Honey - Miele di Acacia

It's been taunting me.

acacia honey

Jars of Acacia honey - everywhere I would look, they were there. Turin Market, Slow Cheese, Eataly, not to mention all the countless numbers of little grocers that would have them alluringly displayed in their windows. As Paalo would remind me as I eyed each jar, "You can buy it in Florence."

Now settled in Florence with the apartment I was able to indulge and indeed it was one of my first purchases.

acacia honey

Seriously how can anyone resist it - lined up against the other varieties, it's positively luminous.

bread

Now with such a special honey I needed a good bread and this was easily found at the baker at the Market.

bread

Something with a good solid crust but with a spongy texture on the inside.

bread

With these two simple ingredients you need nothing else.

bread and honey

Drizzled generously, you can taste the clean sweetness of the honey with its hints of vanilla and enjoy its rich floral scent.

Tagged with

8 comments

  1. I love acacia honey... for breakfast, on croissants! Overkill, I know, but why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll probably love this honey Cindy

    Thanks KS!

    Oh Katie, that sound just about perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to look for some Acacia honey to try. I like the idea of honey on fresh bread from the baker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kevin, what is even better is warm bread from the oven drizzled with honey, it's just divine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i found your blog posting while doing a search for this honey. while living in Italy for a few years, this became my all-time favorite and since returning to the States, I've looked everywhere. I'm slowly finding more and more people offering it online. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete

© Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig