Friday, June 09, 2006

Monthly Mingle #1

Meeta from What's For Lunch Honey? has invited us over to mingle and a truly appropriate theme to kick off this event - Football!

Well, it's soccer for those of us down here in Australia.

It's a momentous occasion as it's Australia's second only time in the World Cup - the first being back in 1974 (also in Germany). As a child of Italians, I've always held a soft spot for the Italian team so my world cup experiences haven't been all that fruitless. Still it's a special time for us and if it's an Australia v Italy final, I'll be over the moon!

For the mingle I've decided on two dishes, sweet and savoury, one especially should tempt Meeta and her love of Italian food.

Carrot Falafel


1-DSC_4253.jpg

I had to think of something that fitted in with the round ball game and nothing was quite as round as these Carrot Falafel. Just don't head-but them or try to kick them.

Vanilla and Chocolate Cannoli (recipe coming soon)

1-DSC_4821.jpg

The traditional Sicilian versions contain a filling made from ricotta and a mix of candied fruit, whereas from my mother's region (Emilia-Romagna) they prefer these types, filled with either a Vanilla or Chocolate Crema Pasticcera.

Good-luck to all the teams and here's hoping for a victory on the 12th when Australia faces Japan.

Tagged with

5 comments

  1. Hi Haalo ... every time I see one of your posts, I ask, Who IS this woman?

    I'm so curious: maybe some time you'd do an "outing" of the Cook Who Is Haalo?

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alanna - I'll see what I can do about that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 12, 2006

    Hi Haalo,
    Both dishes looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great selection there haalo! now that i know you have italian blood i understand why i liked you and your cooking so much!

    don't torture me too much sweetie, i am dying to see the recipe for those sweet canellini.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The recipe is coming Meeta!

    ReplyDelete

© Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig