Thursday, June 22, 2006

Combinations #3

Alex & Andy from Eating Leeds are hosting this month's Combinations, an event devised by Andrew from Spittoon - the objective is to cook a recipe that's supplied and match it to a beverage of your choice.

This month's recipe was Flatbreads with Spiced Chicken, Pistachios and Roasted Peppers - it's flavours reminded me of those found in Turkish pizzas so I immediately focused on a fruity white. As this dish seems really suited to serve as finger food, a sparkling wine would be appropriate - so with that in mind I decided to match this with a Brown Brothers Moscato.

dish

Brown Brothers Moscato is made of predominately Muscat of Alexandria grapes. With it's tropical fruit flavours, floral aromas and light fizz, it works well with the spices - though I would have to add that this dish wasn't quite as spicy as I had thought it would be.

Now if the thought of drinking Moscato seems a bit girlie, then Paalo has helpfully suggested an alternative, once again, focusing on this dish as finger food, he recommends a Coopers Sparkling Ale - it's clean, crisp and cleansing and if you listen to the marketers, it's the beer wine drinkers drink!

Tagged with

3 comments

  1. Hi Andrew - for me it didn't have the spice level to suit a red, though perhaps a pinot might work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting that the dish isn't that spicy as I was thinking along the lines of a rose ... I think I might be cooking up the chicken mixture for taste-tests along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alex - that's a really good idea to taste test the filling, the rosé should be a good match.

    ReplyDelete

© Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig