Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Pesto and Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Breasts

This is a simple stuffing idea - I've used wonderful chicken breasts on the bone that I get from the local market, but you could apply this idea to whole chickens as well.


pesto and ricotta stuffed chicken breasts© by haalo



Pesto and Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Breasts

2 chicken breasts on the bone
200g ricotta
2 tablespoons pesto
1 tablespoon grated parmesan
salt and pepper
olive oil


Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.

Mix the ricotta, pesto and parmesan together with a spoon until well amalgamated.

Pull the skin from the breast and push in the ricotta mixture. Re-cover with the skin and smooth over to evenly spread out the stuffing.

Drizzle with a little olive oil and rub over the skin. Grind over with salt and pepper.


pesto and ricotta stuffed chicken breasts© by haalo


Bake until golden brown.

5 comments

  1. Fantastic photos, I am so drooling over these, will definately have a shot. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a gorgeous looking piece of meat, even to this vegetarian. Question - what is the consistency of the baked ricotta? Is it still curdish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tankeduptaco
    Thanks for the comments!

    Hi Fiber
    Although it does firm up in the cooking, there is still a softness in the ricotta - it retains a creamy mouth feel. I suppose you could say it's mousse like in texture, it's still quite light. You could use this type of filling in cannelloni & lasagne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Haalo,

    This is a fantastic recipe and you know what I think I'll be trying out this weekend. I'll post it on my blog
    What's For Lunch Honey?
    and get the verdict from my very hard jury out to you!

    My blogs:
    The Daily Tiffin
    The Family Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meeta

    I look forward to finding out how the dish turns out for you!

    ReplyDelete

© Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig