Thursday, March 09, 2006

Olive Tapenade

Another one of these multi-purpose basics that you can find uses for just about every day. From adding something extra to pasta or vegetables or roasts, smearing some on sandwiches or even adding to homemade pizza. It's very easy to make and keeps well in the fridge.

olive tapenade© by haalo



Olive Tapenade

25g anchovies (I use Italian anchovies)
100g pitted Olives (I like Kalamata Olives for this)
1 tablespoon Capers (I use the small salted Italian Capers)
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tablespoon Olive Oil


If you are using the salted capers, just rinse then under water before using them in this recipe.

Add all the ingredients into a blender/processor and pulse to form a chunky paste. You still want texture in the tapenade.

Place the mix in a container - add a little more oil over the top to seal and store in the fridge.

6 comments

  1. Oh, I'm a huge tapenade fan. What a great recipe, and I love that little dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiber

    It's such a nifty dish - the combination of flavours is just right and lifts whatever you add it too.

    Haalo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tapenade. I also add semi sundried tomatoes to mine for a bit of variety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pav - that's a really nice addition, gives the tapenade a little sweetness

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great recipe. Quick and easy to make, and truly delicious. I've written it into my "favourites" book. Thanks Haalo.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Helen - that's lovely! So happy to know that you've enjoyed the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

© Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig