Saturday, January 12, 2013

Triple Lemon Cordial

I'm hosting Weekend Herb Blogging this week and I've made something refreshing for the warmer weather. I do enjoy making cordials and this triple lemon cordial is a blend of lemon, lemongrass and lemon verbena.
triple lemon cordialĀ© by Haalo


Triple Lemon Cordial
Cook time: 10 minutes

1 cup lemon juice, pulp included
1 lemongrass stalk, crushed
lemon verbena leaves
1 cup water
1 cup raw sugar

Place the water, lemon juice and pulp, lemongrass and sugar into a saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Simmer for 10 minutes or until it is reduced by about a third.

Stir in the lemon verbena leaves and remove from the heat. Cool in the pan before straining into a bottle. Store in the fridge.

Use a traditional cordial with still or sparkling water or as a mixer in cocktails.

There's still time to join in with Weekend Herb Blogging this week - send your posts to
whb AT cookalmostanything DOT com with WHB#366 in the subject line and the following details:
  • Your name
  • Your Blog/URL
  • Your Post URL
  • Attach a Photo: 400px wide

Complete details can be found at the hosting post.


1 comment

  1. I love cordials!
    I will have to wait until spring and my Lippia citrodora will have new fresh leaves, but then I will try it.
    The bottle looks like one I saw at Ikea, is that possible?
    baciusss
    brii

    ReplyDelete

© Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig