Friday, December 12, 2008

Early Delivery

Santa certainly came early and bearing a rather hefty gift.

the big fat duck cookbook© by Haalo

Coming it at over 11 pounds/5 kilos - this isn't your average cookbook. If the feather doesn't clue you in then maybe

the big fat duck cookbook© by Haalo

the distinctive silhouette will.

the big fat duck cookbook© by Haalo

It is The Big Fat Duck Cook Book by Heston Blumenthal.

the big fat duck cookbook© by Haalo

I don't even know if cookbook is really the right word to describe it. It's not something that I'll be lugging into the kitchen and it's certainly not something you can snuggle in bed with.

the big fat duck cookbook© by Haalo the big fat duck cookbook© by Haalo


There's a lot to digest and while not entirely practical, it will be highly informative and fascinating.

6 comments

  1. I have been drooling over this book. I can't afford it at the time, but it sure is on my wishlist! I wish you a lot of reading pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with your book!

    Paz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lien - Amazon.uk was offering a spectacular deal on the book, not sure if they still are but worth a look

    Thanks Paz - I will!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazon.co.uk has it for £192. ($286.)

    Amazon.com has it presently (Friday 12/19) for $157.50, down from $250, save $92.50 Is that a good price? Please tell me so -- to force me to pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes Chip, amazon uk has gone way up, I got it delivered at less than £60. I see why, they have run out and the price is from their third party sellers. From what I can see if you can get it around the $150US then it's a good deal.

    ReplyDelete

© Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig