Thursday, December 14, 2006

Yoghurt: Mungalli Creek

I really need to thank Mellie for directing me towards Mungalli Creek Yoghurt though my path there has left me yearning for a Yoghurt that has been hard to find. I should rephrase that - a particular Yoghurt has been hard to find.

This one - Mungalli Creek Chai with Honey Yoghurt.

chai


It had me addicted from the start - the initial container disappearing before I could even take a photo. Never mind, I thought, I'll get another when I return to the market in a few days time.

On my return, there was none to be found. A situation that would remain the same for another TWO MONTHS!

But like a beacon of hope, it re-appeared just this week, perhaps Christmas has come early for me.

Since it was so hard to find and I'd waited so long I decided I needed to do something special with the Yoghurt - so eyeing the new toy I set about creating something more lasting

frozen yoghurt

Chai Frozen Yoghurt
[Makes 1 litre]

550 grams Chai Yoghurt
250ml/1 cup milk
135 grams caster sugar

Place the ingredients into a jug and whisk well.
Refrigerate for one hour to ensure the mix is well chilled.

To make the frozen yoghurt - just follow the instructions of your ice-cream maker. This will take about 35 minutes.

When done, transfer to a 1 litre container and place in the freezer until ready to use.

bowl

Tagged with

3 comments

  1. Only 3 ingredients = wonderful result.
    It's incredible, really.

    I should buy a "gelateria" for myself! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I wish I could find some of that around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia - it is quite amazing that you still get those ice-cream qualities without using any eggs and going through the process of making a custard. Maybe you can ask santa for one? ;)

    Thanks Brilynn - I just love the yoghurt, it's perfectly spiced and you have to force yourself to stop eating it!

    ReplyDelete

© Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig